Hiring skilled employees is a difficult task for most small business owners. That’s why Metropolitan Community College offers valuable resources to both local businesses and to individual job seekers. The MCC Workforce Innovation Division bridges the gap between what businesses need and what skills are necessary for employees to learn. Topics we discuss include:
- The types of corporate training MCC provides to local businesses
- How the Worforce Innovation Division supports skill training and development
- The difference between soft skills, STEM skills, communication skills, technical skills and more
- The goal of developing a direct pipeline into professional programs
- How small business can improve their employee retention by “up-skilling” their existing employees
- Various training programs that are available such as problem solving and career readiness certification
- Contact the Metro Community College Workforce Innovation Division at 531-622-4943
Did you enjoy what you heard? Click here to subscribe!
Thank you to the show sponsor Ideal Payroll Service! Ideal Payroll helps small business owners simply their payroll processing. Whether you have 1 employee or 100 employees, contact Ideal at 402-614-3028 for your small business payroll, time keeping, and human capital management needs!