Homelessness is an issue that can impact your family, co-workers, employees, and others in your life. From our personal lives to professional businesses, we all feel the issues related to homelessness in our city. Today we speak with Michael Murphy from the Stephen Center in Omaha. Michael tells us about the mission of the Stephen Center and what it’s like operating an organization who’s clients face addiction, homelessness, and more. This discussion really puts our 1st world small business problems into perspective! Topics we discuss include:
- The entrepreneurial start to the Stephen Center & how it has flourished over 30 years
- Why “just get a job” is not a valid solution to homelessness in our city
- The root cause of homelessness & addiction
- Powerful real-life stories of Stephen Center clients that went from despair to success
- The real-life stories that unfortunately do not always end well for those that are homeless
- Future goals of the Stephen center and how they work together with industry peers to make a greater impact
- Donate your time, money and talent and take a tour of the Stephen Center Omaha
- Check out the Help Hope Heroes Podcast
Did you enjoy what you heard? Click here to subscribe!
Thank you to the show sponsor Ideal Payroll Service! Ideal Payroll helps small business owners simply their payroll processing. Whether you have 1 employee or 100 employees, contact Ideal at 402-614-3028 for your small business payroll, time keeping, and human capital management needs!