Changes are coming if you pay any employees a flat salary in your business. In March of 2019, the Department of Labor proposed a rule that would impact more than one million American workers. This rule increases the minimum pay required to classify someone as salaried and exempt from overtime. Listen to this episode as we discuss details including:
- What the new minimum pay amount will be
- How your business will need to adjust to accommodate the new rule
- How often the threshold will be reviewed in the future
- Timeline for the change
- Other factors needed to classify an employee as exempt
- What to expect next
- Need help with payroll? Support our sponsor Ideal Payroll Service!