In this episode we talk with Rory Sherman who is president and CEO of United Distributors Inc. Rory has an amazing entrepreneurial story that all started by answering a tiny classified ad back in 1979. Listen to how Rory took matters into his own hands and left an established business to start his very own company. From humble startup he grew his business to 12 offices in 7 states and services clients as large as Costco and Starbucks. Whether you’re a new business or established company you’ll want to listen to his story and learn from his experiences as a small business owner!
In this episode we discuss:
- How helping others get what they want will help you get what you want
- Why taking matters into your own hands is an important lesson
- Setting goals and getting buy in from those around you
- A valuable lesson learned when an employee was caught embezzling funds
- The importance of compound interest and investing in yourself and your business
- How persistence, dedication, and a positive attitude can take you as far in life as you want to go
Links and Resources discussed in this episode:
- United Distributors – 402-330-6440 – Water pure and simple for your home or business
- Zig Ziglar – Rory met one of the greatest sales and business minds of all time
- The Compound Effect – Excellent book by Darren Hardy on doing the little things over time
- How to Master the Art of Selling – Rory recommends this book by Tom Hopkins
- Your Greatest Power – Book recommended by Rory
- Green Eggs and Ham – This Dr Seuss classic can be applied to the business world!
- Ideal Payroll Service – Outsourcing your payroll? Support our sponsor and contact Ideal Payroll Service today
Thank you for listening to the show!
If you enjoyed this episode please share it with others and Click here to subscribe