Most small business owners do not want to think about the legal side of operating their business. But we can’t bury our heads in the sand and pretend there are no threats to consider. Disputes over contracts, employee issues, landlords, and more all can cause huge issues if not handled the proper way. Jon Brown is Partner at Walentine O’Toole and joins us today to discuss the basics of protecting your small business. Topics we cover include:
- The best way to resolved disputes without legal action
- Why going to litigation is often a bad idea
- What situations are best for small claims court
- Typical types of legal exposure for small businesses
- Can you do business with a handshake in 2020?
- Noncompete clauses and protecting your proprietary info
- How to deal with legal issues that are out of your home state
- Contact Jon at 402-330-6300 or visit the Walentine O’Toole website
Did you enjoy what you heard? Click here to subscribe!
Thank you to the show sponsor Ideal Payroll Service! Ideal Payroll helps small business owners simply their payroll processing. Whether you have 1 employee or 100 employees, contact Ideal at 402-614-3028 for your small business payroll, time keeping, and human capital management needs!